Fine Russian spruce top and well flamed maple back, naturally air-dried for 5 to 10 years. It features a hand-applied spirit varnish and mildly antiqued finish. Available from 11 -16 sizes and set-up with Despiau bridge, Wittner-like tailpiece and Dominant Strings.
- Wood: Fine Russian spruce top and well-flamed maple back naturally air-dried for 5-10 years.
- Varnish: Hand-applied quality spirit varnish with a mildly antiqued finish.
- Fittings: French-made Despiau one-tree bridge, Wittner-style tailpiece, and well-aged ebony pegs.
- Strings: Alphayue or “Alpha” viola strings are a game-changing breakthrough design for advancing violists. Brilliant in overtones with a full and dark fundamental sound, they respond immediately to the bow and provide beautiful projection and power. They also offer a left-hand feel which is gentle and easy, break in quickly and stay in tune, are extremely sweat-proof and quite durable.
- Professionally installed and 100% sound adjusted in the U.S. for reliable and comfortable playability and optimal sound.
- Maker experience is 10 years
- Hand-applied mildly-antiqued spirit varnish
- Aged 5-10 years Russian solid spruce top
- Aged 5-10 years Russian flamed solid maple back, sides, neck and scroll
- Seasoned Ebony fittings
- Wittner-style Tailpiece
- Guaneri-style chinrest
- French-made one-tree Despiau Bridge
- Thomastik-Infeld Alphayue viola strings