Ideal for the budding performer, The Revelle 630 viola has a master-grade beautifully flamed maple back and carefully selected Russian spruce top, naturally air-dried for 15 to 20 years. It features hand-applied, finest spirit varnish and light antiquing. With powerful and refined tones and dark and earthy subtleties, it is a deducing instrument for the discerning performer fitted with a Despiau bridge, Wittner tailpiece and Dominant strings, available in 15.5 and 16 sizes.
- Wood: Fine Russian spruce top and well-flamed maple back naturally air-dried for 15-20 years.
- Varnish: Hand-applied, finest quality spirit varnish with a lightly antiqued finish.
- Fittings: French-made Despiau one-tree bridge, Wittner-style tailpiece, and well-aged ebony pegs.
- Strings: Known world-wide as the “reference standard,” Dominant strings—made with a highly flexible, multi-strand synthetic core—provide the tonal warmth and feel of a gut string while being impervious to changes in humidity. The sound is soft, clear with a stable intonation and they are rich in overtones.
- Professionally installed and 100% sound adjusted in the U.S. for reliable and comfortable playability and optimal sound.
- Maker experience is 12+ years
- The 15.5” viola uses a Strad pattern; the 16” viola uses a Mahler pattern.
- Hand-applied mildly-antiqued spirit varnish
- Aged 15+ year plus Russian solid spruce top
- Aged 15+ year plus Russian flamed solid maple back, sides, neck and scroll
- Seasoned Ebony fittings
- Wittner Ultra Tailpiece
- Guaneri-style chinrest
- French-made one-tree Despiau Bridge
- Thomastik-Infeld Alphayue viola strings