How Does Rental Work?
- Select From Our Standard or Soloist instruments
- Place Your Selection in the Shopping Cart and Proceed to Checkout
- Reserve Your Instrument By Paying The First Four Months
- Pick Up / We Ship Your Instrument, Case, Bow, Strings and Rosin
- (Free Deliver To North Allegheny School District, please select pick up in store , then comment your school /Student Name)Please note: Starting in January 2017, Wexford violin shop require all of our rental customers to have a valid credit card number on file while an instrument is being rented. This information is required as part of the rental application approval process regardless of your monthly payment method. Debit cards are not accepted. The credit card holder becomes the responsible party for the account and should be the applicant on the agreement.
- For school delivery , to ensure the safety of your property, please call the store at (878) 332-8115 with your credit card information, and to coordinate day of your delivery
- The Rental Period Starts When You Take Possession
- Automatic Billing Begins On The 5th Month
- Return The Instrument When Ready - No Obligation Past Month 4!
Should I rent or purchase?
If you have never played before there are many advantages to renting from the Wexford Violins including: rent-to-own credit, playing on a great instrument for a low monthly cost.
What is your protection plan?
Our Protection Plan covers wear and tear and minor accidental damage. This saves you money on routine maintenance. In the case of more severe damages there may be a co-pay.
How do I choose the right size instrument?
You can ask your child's teacher what size they prefer, or use the chart below. Measure the distance between your child's neck and the center of their palm. When in doubt, always choose the smaller size.
Up to 15 1/4" : order 1/16 size violin or cello
15 1/4" up to 16 3/4" : order 1/10 size violin or cello
16 3/4" up to 17 1/2" : order 1/8 size violin or cello
17 1/2" up to 18 3/4" : order 1/4 size violin or cello, 11" viola
18 3/4" up to 20 1/4" : order 1/2 size violin or cello, 12" viola
20 1/4" up to 22 1/8" : order 3/4 size violin or cello, 13" viola
22 1/8" and up : order 4/4 (full-size) violin or cello
23 1/4" up to 24 7/8" : order 14" viola
24 7/8" up to 25 5/8" : order 15" viola
25 7/8" up to 26 3/8" : order 15.5" viola
26 3/8" up to 27 1/8" : order 16" viola
Over 27 1/4" : order 16" or 16.5" viola
Do you ship rental instruments?
We ship instruments all over the continental United States. You are responsible for outbound and inbound shipping costs. Instruments are generally shipped within 48 hours. You will have one week to try it out and may ship the instrument back in a week for a full refund of the rental charges. Your only charges will be the shipping, both ways. When you are ready for the next size we will send it with a pre-paid shipping label to return the smaller instrument. You will find full rental shipping instructions here.
Can I rent a wooden or carbon fiber bow?
Wooden and carbon fiber bows come with our soloist Strings outfits. Standard instruments come with a fiberglass bow. No substitutions are possible.
What do I do when I need to change my instrument to a larger size?
You can exchange your rental for a larger instrument of the same type at any time. Exchanges will not interrupt your rental payment, or the terms of your rental agreement.
What if I want to rent more than one instrument?
Each rental is treated as a separate transaction, whether online or in person. If you have registered an account with us, additional transactions will be much quicker.
What happens if I want to exchange my rental for a different kind of rental?
You can change from our Standard to Soloist plans (or vice versa) at any time at no additional charge. Changes to your rental fees will be adjusted for the next billing cycle.
What happens if I want to stop renting?
Please return your instrument at least 4 days before the renewal date to give us time to close your account and make sure you are not charged. You can return a rental instrument to our shop anytime during business hours. If you need to ship an instrument, please contact us to make arrangements.
Why are your prices higher than other renters?
We provide the finest quality instruments, rent-to-own credit, and great service. No matter how cheaply you can rent an instrument, if you build no equity after years of renting, the savings can seem very small indeed. Many clients have come to us from low price programs where they built no equity and complained that they wished they had known about us sooner. Teachers know that paying less for an inferior instrument is false economy; your child will never get anywhere on an instrument that is unpleasant to play. Our prices are in line with other nationally recognized renters of quality instruments, and our additional terms (100% equity no matter how long you rent, etc) are much more generous.
I never bought an instrument. How will I know how much to spend when I want to use my Rental Credit?
It depends on the individual. We suggest an instrument of sufficient quality to let the student progress for the next 3 to 5 years. The input of your teacher is invaluable, and our staff is adept at gauging the needs of students and determining a reasonable budget.